About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Sunday 31 August 2014

Skeletons in the closet? No they are on my acrylic block!

Hi it's Clare here again with my weekly Bee Crafty spot. I know it's not quite Halloween yet but with the gloomy weather this week it certainly has felt autumnal! Needless to say with the fabulous new All Hallows' stamps it seemed rather apt to have a play with my new stamps.

For this card I have used
I started by stamping my image with a watermark ink pad, a sprinkle of embossing powder and heat set the image. After that I brushed on my selected colours of inks. I then flicked the card with water and left for a short time for the water to react and blotted with a paper towel. A stamp around the edge of the card using the zebra backdrop stamp made an effective border. Finally I stamped trick or treat onto some red card and heat embossed with black embossing powder.
Thank you for taking the time to have a look at my blog I love to hear your thoughts and comments.
Crafty hugs,
Clare x x x
 
 

 

 

13 comments:

  1. This is stupendous and very autumnal in colours, love it.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow... I love that spooky image and the colours really set it off! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare, just hopping by on The Crafting Cafe Hop! I'd like to say love your card, but I get creeped out by the dark side! lol
    I do appreciate all the detail on it & the little sentiment is cute! lol
    Great work!
    Have a magical Sunday!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now I'm not into skulls etc, but this is fabulous, love the colours and stamps xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Zoe's comments exactly.....I hate making Halloween cards, as I don't like ghoulish things at all, but this is absolutely wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo - lots to take inspiration from here, even though I don't do Halloween, skulls or indeed animal prints! Great card though for those that do! An interesting stop-off on my Crafting Cafe Hop :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very spooky indeed. Fab card x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really spooky image well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of old and creppy-looking xD but love that the colors sort of says otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a stunning card xx http://guffdesignscardcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hopping over from the Crafting Cafe... Great project, but no! not Halloween yet, I want it still to be summer!! ;-) Ax

    ReplyDelete
  12. love halloween best time of year :) so love this creation :) love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.