About Me

My photo
Hi I'm Clare, I live in the South West of England in the seaside town of Torquay. I adore playing with inks, paints and generally getting messy. It is the calm place which fits in between my hectic life whilst working as an outreach support worker, looking after my son, daughter, foster son and hubby. Not forgetting our gorgeous springer spaniel, Suzi.

Thursday 6 August 2015

Flower Power

Good evening bloggers. It's been another busy day today. I have found the bottom of the wash basket, caught up with one of my work pals for a coffee and a chat and had a crafty afternoon! Having just finished a shabby chic project, my dining room dresser, I decided that the shelves were looking a little empty and a little something was required for the shelf.

 

I bought some card craft frames at the NEC earlier this year and thought it was about time I used one of them. I painted some crackle effect in random places before coating the frame with a coat of Nougat Fresco paint. The stamps were next, I stamped my Jofy stamps in black ink.

Using the bloom stencil I dabbed on some Toad Hall paint and then bumped the stencil along and applied some grunge paste. I also did some background stenciling with old paper distress ink.

I stamped the flowers onto separate card and fussy cut them out. All of the images were painted with distress inks. The flowers were applied using matt modge podge. I added some mowed lawn distress ink to the edges of the frame. To finish off I added some liquid pearls and a coat of clear spray varnish.

 

 

I would like to enter this into the following challenge: Paperartsy Topic 14: Flowers

http://blog.paperartsy.co.uk/2015/07/2015-topic14-flowerschallenge.html

Just thought I would give you a sneeky peek of my dining room. We are waiting patiently for our new dining room furniture to arrive. It's hard to believe that in a matter of months we have acheived a craft room (for me) and a new dining room. Especially as this room was once crammed with all my crafty stash with the shelves all being full and piles of boxes growing out of the floor!

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. I always look forward to reading your comments and if you have enjoyed your visit remember to use one of the follow/join links above.

 

Happy crafting,

 

Clare x x x

10 comments:

  1. Wow the frame is gorgeous. Love the flowers stamp. Dining room looks fab too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful project Clare. Love the dining room.
    Justyna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire, fabulous frame, such a beautiful design and just live the colours, do bright and fresh. Dining room looking great, hope you post picture when furniture arrives. Hugs Jennifer xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful, such soft and delicate colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. apologies! I said card instead of "picture"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare what a fabulous frame, so pretty, love the flowers.

    Abbs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a really pretty picture, love the subtle shades you've used x

    ReplyDelete

  8. Thank you so much. Your works are fantastic and very useful for all of us. We are waiting for your next post. Thank you.
    digital marketing company in indiadigital marketing services in delhi

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.